I have been nominated by Casey from adoptabookaus 😉
This Liebster award is a great way for other bloggers/ viewers to find new blogs or get to know smaller blogs that they wouldn’t necessarily have discovered on their own.
← (If you’re nominated, copy the Liebster badge/button and add it onto your blog/post).
Check out the rules below ↓
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Question and Answer Portion Time:
** These are my answers to Casey’s (@adoptabookaus) questions **
1. What Author do you own the most books from?
That’s an easy one. J.K Rowling. I’ve got multiple copies of the Harry Potter series, multiple copies of the illustrated version of the Philosopher’s Stone and multiple copies of the HP “textbooks”
Yes I needed multiple copies! Stop it with the looks!
2. What started you reading?
My sister got me started reading when I was about 11 years old. We used to read Sweet Valley High, Dolly and Sweet Dreams books. You guys remember those? Then it’s probably no surprise when Harry Potter came out, I fell in love with reading even more and the rest is history 🙂
3. What started you blogging?
After having started with bookstagram and goodreads first, I felt it wasn’t enough lol I wanted to start a blog so I could really post my thoughts on books without having to limit how much I wanted to say so I started looking at different blogging sites until I found WordPress and thought that this was the perfect platform for the type of blog I wanted to make.
4. Your favorite fictional couple?
I’m sure there are a lot of fictional couples I will eventually love in the near future but just to be a bit different, my fave couple at this moment would have to be Anna and Etienne (from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins). Their relationship grew from friendship and for a fictional couple, they were very relatable, realistic and sincere.
Oh the feels!! ♥♥
5. A book you hate that everyone else loves?
I wouldn’t say I hate this book perse, I’ll just say that I didn’t like it compared to a lot of other bookworms out there. It’s The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I had read so many positive, loving reviews on this book so I had high hopes going into it. But by the end I was seriously left underwhelmed. I won’t say anymore here coz geez..I already did a review on it. Go check it out later if want to read my full thoughts on it 😛
6. Books that made you want to throw them across the room (because of anger or feels):
Haha, this is another easy one. I read The Kiss Of Deception by Mary E. Pearson a little while back and let me tell you..Lia, Rafe and Kaden frustrated me to the max! I was stressed, anxious, giddy, irritated, beside myself.. you name it. I couldn’t sit still lol If I had the “don’t care” attitude I would’ve thrown the book multiple times whilst reading it but…it was too pretty and it’s a hardcover edition and it was prettyyy! You get the jist. I was throwing the book mentally haha 😉
7. Favorite book quote?
“Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it” – Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
8. Favorite underrated book?
Hmm..I been thinking about an answer to this one since yesterday. I seriously can’t think of any books that was underrated that I’ve read and liked.
9. If your house was flooding and you could only fit 5 books into your backpack to save them what would they be?
- Harry Potter and Prisoner Of Azkaban
- Throne Of Glass
- Grimm’s Complete Fairy tales
- Anna And The French Kiss
10. Who do you like more? Batman or The Joker? Superman or Spiderman? Iron man or The hulk?
In general, Batman. But with all the Batman movies made, I’ve ended up hating how he’s portrayed so I’d go with The Joker. (I only liked Michael Keaton’s portrayal of Batman).
Superman or Spiderman?? Here are two more examples of characters that were ruined in the movies (except for Christopher Reeve’s Superman). But I did love watching Smallville with Tom Welling playing Clark Kent/ Superman in his younger years. Don’t get me started to the dud that is Spiderman… Superman wins this round.
Iron Man or The Hulk? Pffff..The Hulk of course!! Hulk SMASH!!
11. What is your favorite book? *evil cackles*
Oh man, you really think I’m going to answer this one? Begone, you wicked witch. You have no power here! 😛
Bonus Round: Random Facts About Me
- I’m left-handed. Which means I’m naturally creative and artistic 😀
- I still get asked for my ID because security guards/ bouncers don’t believe me when I tell them my age. Lol
- I’m a shorty at 5’1. I’m so short that I wouldn’t even get hired as a hobbit for one of Peter Jackson’s movies lol 😛
- When I’m not reading, I like to do origami. It has a calming, relaxing effect (kind of like the adult colouring books)
- I’m a photography enthusiast and I like taking trick perspective/ illusion photography.
- It’s not heights that gets to me, it’s the fear of falling that does
- I’m a scaredy-cat and will not watch a horror/ scary movie by choice
- I’ve always wanted a library like Belle’s from Beauty and the Beast
- I have a major sweet tooth. Always have since I was little and always will 😀
- I love lasagne
possibly definitely more than Garfield.
- I prefer reading at night (before bed) than in the morning.
I nominate the following:
* Ashley → thenerdybookmark
* Kaye → annbibliocastro
* Catherine → escapebyreadingblog
* Jemima → jemimathebookaholic
* Casey → adoptabookaus (Casey nominated me and if I knew about this award earlier I would’ve nominated her ages ago 🙂 She’s already done the questions (twice) so there’s no need for her to do it a third time lol. Just wanted to put it out there that I nominate her too! 😀
My Questions for the Nominated:
1. What got you into blogging? (Typical question here lol)
2. What’s the first book that got you into reading? (Another typical question)
3. What’s your favourite and least favourite book genre?
4. Who would be your fictional bestie, mortal enemy and love interest?
5. Would you be a hero or villain and why?
6. If a movie was being made about your life, which actor/ actress would portray you?
7. A book that exceeded your expectation?
8. If you could only be one of the following: A wizard, an x-men, a terminator or royalty – which one would you be?
9. If you had the chance to go back in time and change the course of one fictional story, who’s would it be and why?
10. When you’re not reading, what would you be doing instead?
11. If you had to ride on a public bus, where would you sit? At the front near the driver and a little old lady who can’t stop staring at you, at the back where it’s a little more crowded and the music is blaring or somewhere in the middle where people are gossiping?
Okay, phew I did it! Lol. Hope you guys liked it! Yes, I dodged a couple questions.. but let’s just overlook that 😛 Catch you guys later! ♥